Welcome back to another year of NJCAA athletics. The 2017-18 season introduced a new approach of welcoming back student-athletes, staff, and fans at the beginning of the year. The social media campaign saw unprecedented success among our member institutions, a year that helped the NJCAA reach new heights athletically, academically, and socially. To continue our success into the future, we need your help once again.
As student-athletes embark on their journey to begin or continue their collegiate playing careers, the NJCAA will embrace the beginning of the 2018-19 season with a social media campaign with a "Welcome Back Week" set for August 6-10. Each day will highlight a new feature with a similar mentality behind it- welcome back. Student-athletes, member institutions, and fans from around the world are encouraged to join the NJCAA in welcoming back our competitors using the social media hashtag Tweet #NJCAABack.
To take part in the second annual campaign, follow the NJCAA on Twitter: Follow @NJCAA, Instagram: Follow on Instagram, Facebook: @NJCAA, and YouTube: @NJCAA
Posts collected throughout each day will be contributed in a daily recap on the NJCAA website, www.njcaa.org. For a complete recap of last year's Welcome Back Week, visit: 2017 NJCAA Welcome Back Week
Find below a daily schedule of each category:
- Monday (8/6) - New member welcome
- The NJCAA will highlight the newest member institutions to the association through social media platforms. Join the NJCAA in welcoming the newest programs from around the country.
- Tuesday (8/7) – Social Media Promotion
- The NJCAA will introduce new social media platforms to gear up for the upcoming season. Member institutions are encouraged to promote their social media platforms to gain a stronger following as the year approaches.
- Wednesday (8/8) – New Staff
- The NJCAA has introduced a new governance structure featuring the Board of Regents along with new national office staff. Join the association on Wednesday to welcome new coaches and administrators from around the association.
- Thursday (8/9) – Mascots/school spirit
- Fan engagement is an integral part of collegiate athletics. Show off your school spirit for your favorite program throughout the day on Thursday to grow the excitement for the upcoming season.
- Friday (8/10) - Welcome Back Students
- Take to social media to share your excitement for the upcoming season and what it means to be a part of the NJCAA!
Reminder: Be sure to use the hashtag Tweet #NJCAABack in all of your posts.
The NJCAA looks forward to a full week of engagement with its members, student-athletes, and fans as the 2018-19 season kicks off!