Charleston, WV – For the second consecutive year, the Coffeyville (KS) Red Ravens took home the NJCAA DII Volleyball National Championship at the Charleston Civic Center. No. 1 Coffeyville defeated No. 2 Parkland (IL) 3-0, 25-18, 25-18, 25-16.
The Red Ravens were flawless throughout the tournament, having won each of their four matches by 3-0 set scores. Coffeyville allowed more than 20 points in a set just three times throughout the duration of the tournament to capture its second title in program history.
Sophomore outside hitter Adianez Reyes Rivera was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player, one year after earning All-Tournament team recognition at the 2017 tournament. Head coach Delice Downing was named Coach of the Tournament for the second consecutive year while Selina Concepcion Rodriguez and Dekyra Denns were All-Tournament team selections for the Red Ravens.
- The Red Ravens defeated Mercyhurst North East (PA), Northeast (NE), and Kirkwood (IA) before defeating the Cobras in straight sets.
- Reyes Rivera posted a remarkable 67 total kills in the four matches on her way to winning MVP honors, including a tournament-best 24 against Northeast, her 17th 20-plus kill performance this season.
- As a team, the Red Ravens hit .286 during the tournament, including three matches of .300 or better.
- Parkland placed two players- freshman setter Rachel Verdun and freshman outside hitter Ryleigh Warfel on the All-Tournament team for their standout performances throughout the tournament.
- Verdun contributed 25 assists in the final match to give her a total of 107 helpers during the three-day tournament.
- Head coach Jill Williams and her Kirkwood Eagles earned the tournament's Sportsmanship Award while finishing in fourth place at the tournament.
- Johnson County (KS) placed third in the tournament while South Mountain (AZ) earned a fifth-place finish.