EL DORADO, Kan. – Central Arizona climbed back on top of the NJCAA Division I men's cross country ranks Saturday at the Prairie Trails Golf Course. The Vaqueros topped defending champion Iowa Central to secure its seventh national title in program history and first since 2013.
- Central Arizona's Gilbert Kigen won his second consecutive individual title, crossing the finish line in 23:47.45
- Kigen is the second Central Arizona runner in the past four years to repeat as the individual champion at the meet (Harry Mulenga - 2013 & 2014)
- Central Arizona runners have captured 11 individual titles all-time, which ranks first among NJCAA programs
- Nine of the 11 individual national titles captured by Central Arizona runners have come since 2003
- Jorge Perez and Anthony Masayesva placed third and ninth, respectively, for Central Arizona
- Moses Dirane of Cloud County (KS) was second to cross the finish line with a time of 24:25.32
Photos courtesy of Butler Athletics.