Chautauqua, New York. – Georgia Military claimed the 2017 NJCAA DIII Men’s Golf Championship Friday by finishing +63 from the course in Chautauqua, New York at Chautauqua Golf Club. With the win marks the second title in the golf program’s history. The first was earned in 2004.
Dante Migliore of Mohawk Valley (NY) tallied the individual championship by shooting -6. In four rounds of play he shot 70, 71, 69 and 72 on the final day of play to cap-off his championship season.
- On the final day of the tournament, Georgia Military notched a team best of the tournament, shooting a 299.
- The Bulldogs finished with two top five finishers – Floris Veth (E) and Ashton Denton (+6).
- Columbus State finished second in the team standings finishing +87 in four rounds of play. John Carlisle (+8) was their highest finisher who finished a stroke off from finishing in the top five.
- Ross Moore of Nassau (NY) tallied a 292 (+4) for the tournament to garner third individually.
- Minnesota Tech (+96), DuPage (IL) (+122) and Nassau (+124) round out the top five in the final NJCAA championship of the 2016-17 season.