COPPERAS COVE, TX – No. 8 Trinity Valley (TX) scored 10 points in the final minute to defeat Garden City (KS) 48-41 and claim the CHAMPS Heart of Texas Bowl. On the ensuing Garden City drive after tying the game on a field-goal, Trinity Valley's Prince Robinson picked off Terry Wilson for a touchdown to help seal the win.
- Robinson returned a kick return 99 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter after Garden City took its first lead of the game.
- The Cardinals' quarterback Shelton Eppler tallied four total touchdowns – three passing and one rushing. In the air, Eppler tossed for 242 yards on 21-of-47 passing attempts and hit a total of six different receivers.
- Aphonso Thomas surpassed the century mark on the ground for Trinity Valley, scampering for 103 yards on 15 carries.
- Robinson also garnered five solo tackles, while two other Cardinals players also reached the mark (Pat Peek, Ja'Quay Pough).
- Wilson of Garden City threw for 333 yards and four touchdowns on 30-of-56 attempts and added 76 yards on the ground to accumulate 409 of Garden City's 433 total yards of offense.
- Garden City trailed by 10 points entering the fourth, 31-21 and responded with 14 unanswered points to take its first lead. Overall there were four lead changes in the final period before Robinson sealed the victory with the late interception.
- Trinity Valley finishes the 2017 season 9-3 while Garden City wraps up its campaign at 8-4.